There have been many comments on the Nokia Discussion board about the new firmware offering for the Nokia E65 4.0633.74.0 which have left this author a little concerned about whether or not to upgrade.
The improved featers in 4.0633.74.0 are:
- Security- Improvements to platform security
- VOIP- Interoperability improvements with Avaya server
- Improvements to EAP-PEAP settings
- Improvements to roaming
- Other Updates- Operator name database updated, Operator settings database updated, Time zones update for Venezuela, Slovenian character encoding improvements
Problems that have been mentioned in the forums associated with 4.0633.74.0 include:- Backlight of the numeric keypad no longer works
- Annoying popup message on top of standby screen with ‘Show’ and ‘Exit’ options
- Significant battery drain
- Lost contacts (but this can be fixed by downloading this Nokia Contact Transfer)
I've decided not to upgrade my firmware as the risk doesnt seem to counter the potential problems.
It will be interesting to hear from you all whether:
1. You have decided to upgrade
2. Whether you notice any worthwhile changes not mentioned above