Last post, we had a look at a recent visit to a Nokia test centre. This is where they put phones under extreme heat, cold, pressure etc to see if they are 'worthy' of being called a Nokia handset.
Some interesting statistics mentioned on All About Symbian:
- "Kevin Smith, Rob Johnson and their team 'break' around 2000 production handsets PER MODEL tested. Staggering.
- Each model has to pass over 200 different mechanical tests.
- Temperature testing takes place from -40 Centigrade to +85 Centigrade, a 135 degree range!
- The slow-motion camera used to film the drop tests runs at 100,000 frames per second, 2000 times faster than TV...
- Nokia test phone keys, d-pads and other moving parts up to a million times. Each, i.e. per physical phone."