1. Auto-bookmarking: I've had the phone for almost a year and never noticed that in the bookmarks, there is a sub-folder called "Auto-bookmarks". As far as I can tell, your browser works out your most visited websites and puts the links in this folder. So if you want to get to a website that you often visit quickly, perhaps try looking in the auto-bookmarks folder. If this folder is empty, you will probably need to go to OPTIONS --> SETTINGS --> AUTO-BOOKMARKS to turn on this feature.
2. Full-screen browsing. OK so it doesnt make THAT much difference but since you are in the OPTIONS --> SETTINGS at the moment, have a look at changing your SCREEN SIZE to FULL-SCREEN. When you go back to your browser, you will notice that OPTIONS and BACK no longer appear on the bottom of your screen, giving your browsing experience a cleaner look. Again, I didn't notice this feature till recently.
3. Zooming in and Out. As mentioned in an earlier post, there is the option of zooming in and zooming out of a webpage whilst browsing by pressing * to zoom in and # to zoom out. You will be surprised how high resolution your phone is when you zoom out and still can read the text even though the text is so smal. You can also press 8 to show an extreme zoom out of the page and then when you select a section of the page you would like to see, press 8 again to zoom back in.
4. BACK. If you bought Microsoft Vista for the WIN+TAB option (try it if you don't know what I'm talking about), then you will love Nokia's web browser's BACK button. Pressing the right selection key when viewing a website will enable you to switch back to a website/screen that you were previously on.
5. Easily Forgotten Shortcut keys. I admit, if you read the manual you probably could know all these things but who reads manuals nowadays anyway? In fact, there was probably a time in your use of the E65 that you knew these shortcuts in your head but you've forgotten them. They are very handy so here is a list of the shortcuts you can use when surfing the net on your E65.
- Press 1 for bookmarks.
- Press 2 to search for keywords in the current page.
- Press 3 to go to the previous page.
- Press 5 to show all open windows.
- Press 9 to enter a new web address.
- Press 0 to go to your homepage.