Nokia E65 & E Series Tips Tricks and Reviews

Friday, March 14, 2008

Why Nokia E65 - shortcuts aplenty

On the Active standby screen, you will notice that there are shortcuts on the top row. These are customizable under TOOLS --> SETTINGS --> PHONE --> STANDBY MODE --> ACTIVE STANDBY APPS. After a lot of thinking, these are the shortcuts that I have chosen as my "top 6" mainly because these are applications which I would need quickly if I used them:

  • King James Bible to check a verse or two(Download from www.go-bible.org)
  • Calendar to add a new appointment
  • Google Maps to check where I am
  • Camera to take a quick photo
  • File Manager to play an MP3
  • Messaging to refer to an old sms
Also customisable are the LEFT SELECTION KEY and the RIGHT SELECTION KEY. My left key is used for the Calculator and my right key is used to get into my notes. I use notes for taking down peoples emails, making lists, and sometimes even taking notes during a meeting (I use the nokia bluetooth keyboard).

The other key is the bottom left key in the middle section which looks like a round ... thing called the OWN KEY. To customize this one, press and hold down that button. I use that to get into my clock to set alarms etc.

Digg this

No comments:

Post a Comment