On the Active standby screen, you will notice that there are shortcuts on the top row. These are customizable under TOOLS --> SETTINGS --> PHONE --> STANDBY MODE --> ACTIVE STANDBY APPS. After a lot of thinking, these are the shortcuts that I have chosen as my "top 6" mainly because these are applications which I would need quickly if I used them:
- King James Bible to check a verse or two(Download from www.go-bible.org)
- Calendar to add a new appointment
- Google Maps to check where I am
- Camera to take a quick photo
- File Manager to play an MP3
- Messaging to refer to an old sms
The other key is the bottom left key in the middle section which looks like a round ... thing called the OWN KEY. To customize this one, press and hold down that button. I use that to get into my clock to set alarms etc.